Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Rule of Thirds


      The Rule of Thirds is a compositional rule used in photography and design. It shows us how mathematics can influence art and I did just that in my images. For all my photos, I used the Rule of Thirds grid which you can find in the menu of most cameras. In the one above, I positioned the lamppost in the corner of the grid because I feel that it's an important aspect in this photo. Your eye is most likely either drawn to the lamppost or the branches on the left. I also added a warm toned filter to this image.






For the photo above, I placed the cats inside of the rule of thirds grid to get the composition needed. They are clearly the main focus of this image and I feel that the shadow of light attracts your eye straight to them. 
In the one below, I also placed the cat inside of the grid and had him be the main focus. 
Your eye should directly go to him or the barstool in the corner. 










No comments:

Post a Comment