Thursday, March 2, 2017

Static and Dynamic Compositions

Dynamic Composition 













All of the images above demonstrate a dynamic composition. I took all of these photos at an angle and filtered them in black and white so your eye would directly go to the main focus. In the first image, the building is the dominant element. The second would be the pillars of the bridge. For the third one, the railing of the staircase should capture your eye. And in the last image, my mom is the focus.


Static Composition













All of the images shown above demonstrate a static composition. Shooting with no angle and capturing distinct horizontal and vertical lines helped with that. In the first image, I lined up the pencils in a vertical position to achieve static composition. In the second photo, the horizontal lines of the fence and bushes clearly show a static element. For the third image, the dominant element is my mom and the sharp horizontal line of the ocean helps show that. 






The image shown above is my favorite one that I shot for this assignment. I would say that this image shows strong static composition, from the vertical position of the palm trees and windows on the building, to the horizontal lines of the road. The main focus in this image would either be the building, palm trees, or crosswalk. When I look at this photo my focus is directed at the palm trees since the filter from the black and white makes it darker. 


No comments:

Post a Comment